- dad: so can i use that printer?
- me: yeah but it's not on the network so you have to plug it in.
- dad: plug it in?
- me: yeah. plug it in...
- dad: plug the whole thing in?
- me: the whole thing?
- dad: it plugs in?
- me: holy. shit. why is this so hard?? it has a usb cord.
- dad: so i have to bring my laptop to the printer?
oh don’t mind me, i’m just hanging at home watching “how to make espresso” drinks on youtube because i sorta told this woman i had years of barista experience and was then offered a paycheck if i helped her out this weekend at her cafe. i dont know where her regular staff is but she said she needs me to run the register and the espresso machine so she can be in back and cook. and it will just be us.
but really i only have years of telling baristas what to make. not making the drinks myself.
so like, this obviously is going to end well. but i mean, gem used to work at starbucks so it can’t be THAT hard.